In this section, we will cover a few simple solutions of not only making your skin white, but also on how to whiten skin fast.
The great thing about lemon is that it is readily available. Lemon juice works well as a skin whitener as it contains natural bleach. Furthermore, it can also mildly disinfect your skin.
* Slice a lemon juice into half and squeeze the juice to a container.
* Dilute the juice with water. You can start with 1 parts juice with 1 parts water. If you find it too strong then, you can add more water to the mix.
* Take a cotton ball and dip into the liquid and apply it to your skin or parts of your skin that you wish to lighten.
* Let the lemon juice sit on your skin for 15 – 20 minutes. It is imperative that you do not expose your skin to sunlight at this time as the juice makes the skin hypersensitive to the sun.
* Rinse of the juice from your skin with warm water. Lemon may cause dryness to your skin, thus it is best that you apply a moisturizer. You can repeat the process 2-3 times per week and no more.
Turmeric is popular as an Indian spice. However, what most people in the west don’t know that it is being used as a skin whitener for ages. Turmeric is believed to contain ingredients that inhibit the production of melanin.
* Make a paste by mixing together turmeric, chickpea flour and olive oil.
* Apply to the paste to your skin. It is best to apply it in a circular motion. The roughness of the paste also makes a good exfoliator.
* Leave the paste for about 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse it off. The turmeric may leave a slight yellow color on your skin, but this will wear off quickly.
* Repeat the process for 1 to 2 times per week.
Raw potato contains mild bleaching properties. Furthermore, potatoes are rich with vitamin c, and this vitamin is often found in OTC skin whitening products.
* Take a raw potato and cut into half.
* With the exposed insides of the potato half, rub it on your skin. Make circular motion for best results.
* Leave the potato juice on the skin and leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes.
* Rinse the juice off thoroughly with warm water.
* You may repeat the treatment as many times per week as you wish as the bleaching agent found in potatoes are not that damaging to the skin and the vitamin C can do good for it also.
A lot of women are on interested on knowing how to whiten skin. Fortunately, nature has provided as with the tools to achieve that. Hopefully, after reading this article, you have learned the basic concepts behind skin whitening treatments and a few natural skin whitening treatments you can try.