Most people know that the normal pimple has a life cycle of six to eight weeks without serious treatment. But what they don’t know is that when pimples develop into acne, it would require more time to heal, it is painful due to heavy peeling and would eventually leave ugly and uneven acne scars.
If your pimples are taking too long to heal and are spreading all over your face and neck, then you should be visiting your dermatologist so he or she can give you effective acne skin care treatment products as early as now.
SKIN CARE THAT TREATS ACNE
It is common for people regardless of gender, age, or nationality to experience skin disorders. But among the kinds of skin imperfections, most people would agree that acne is one of the most painful and hardest to treat.
Here are some of the skin care tips that could help you treat acne even if you are at home:
- The very first thing to do to solve acne problems is to trace the causes of acne for you to understand what should be done about it.
- Make a little review of your lifestyle for the past few years or months and look if you have been neglecting so much skin and body care lately.
- Make sure that you get enough sleep of at least 8 hours or more.
- Eat three hearty meals and healthy snacks on the side.
- Give your body enough water supply by drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- If you have been stressed out lately, try to unwind and relax so you could go back to living a healthy lifestyle.
If your acne problem doesn’t get any better, it’s now time to find solution to your problem. The very first thing you should do is to open or unclog the pores by washing once or twice daily with a mild cleansing liquid or bar.
Aside from keeping your skin clear and clean by cleansing, it also minimizes possible irritation and inflammation of the skin. If the cleansing strategy doesn’t work out, try opening your pores through exfoliating cleansers and masques.
After cleansing, you should kill the acne-causing bacteria by using antibacterial cleansers especially those that contain benzoyl peroxide. An acne patient can also kill the bacteria by using topical or external medications that come in the form of creams, gels, and lotions applied in the area affected.
Since too much oil in the skin aggravates acne, you should reduce the excess production by using gentle astringents or toners. Use products that contain glycolic acid or facial masques that have sulfur or antibacterial pads that have benzoyl peroxide to draw out the oil. If you want to conceal acne, you can use water-based or oil free cosmetics.
But above all these, dermatologists agree that having a good skin regimen is the ultimate skin care that treats acne. Developing a basic skin routine by using products that have benzoyl peroxide wash or salicylic acid and the application of benzoyl peroxide gel or cream can help you solve the skin problem.
SELECTING ACNE TREATMENTS AND PRODUCTS
Acne is one of the most common skin problems that people young and old have to deal with today. Being a skin disorder usually caused by irritated blackheads and whiteheads, the development of acne becomes more and more difficult to cure if the infection is neglected and left untreated. This neglect can even cause further irritation and may eventually lead to the production of abscess.
Since prevention is the best treatment to any impending injury or disaster, finding a good line of acne skin care products now can be an effective way to control your growing acne.
Acne skin care treatment products that have antibiotics have been long known as effective solution in treating moderate to severe and persistent acne. Oral treatments include products that contain tetracycline, erythromycin, minocycline and doxycycline are known to be effective.
Most people consider topical acne medication or treatments through creams and surgery as other options in treating acne. One of the most common acne skin care treatment product are acne creams. Before you purchase acne creams, consider these helpful tips:
- Most dermatologists recommend acne cream as effective acne skin care treatment product because the skin quickly absorbs it.
- Acne creams are good option because these are derived from natural substances and sources. Quality acne creams can even help you get rid of acne without too much acne scarring.
- Checking the label. Make sure that the acne cream you plan to buy is hypoallergenic and can be used by children or pregnant women without enduring any pain or discomfort. Knowing the ingredients used in the product will ensure that the acne cream has balanced formulation to deliver effective results.
- Do a little research on how the formulation and content of these creams help cure the skin infection.
- Observe how your skin reacts to the acne skin care treatment product. After the initial application, take note of the visible changes so you can avoid possible side effects or allergies.