Our food choices – what we eat, how we eat, when we eat affect not only our physical health but also have a huge impact on our mental health & can be a major deciding factor on how we feel every day.
A healthy balanced diet does not only provide food for your daily needs but it provides with the much necessary nutrition for your body to function normally & properly. Good nutritious food not only gives us a healthy lifestyle, it also help increase body immunity against chronic diseases by helping us fight them off easily plus helps us maintain a healthy body mass index.
Healthy food equals healthy body
Scientific research makes us understand why is it important to eat a healthy diet by explaining the key elements that our body requires everyday for functioning properly & how a balanced diet can fulfill this requirement –
• Carbohydrates which provide us with much essential energy to sustain ourselves throughout the day
• Proteins which also provide energy & are important for normal growth & repair of muscles & tissues in the body
• Vitamins & minerals which keep our body in a healthy state
One of the most important parts of a healthy diet which majorly affects our body is the fiber content of our diet. A diet rich in fiber keeps the digestive system working properly, enabling us to digest our food effectively while also helping to control our blood sugar & cholesterol levels.
According to a research, unhealthy food habits have lead to an obesity attack in the Unites States of America where about 1/3rd of adults are obese or overweight. Poor diet including eating too much junk food like burgers, pizzas, & ice creams have contributed to unhealthy lifestyles making the people associated with them susceptible to major illnesses like obesity, diabetes and heart attacks. This itself shows why is it important to eat a healthy diet.
What is a balanced diet?
A well balanced diet will have all the important nutrients that a human body needs to consume in a day to keep up energy levels and to maintain a healthy & fit lifestyle. Doctors suggest what we should include in our daily food as part of balanced diet, like:
• Grains & Cereals – Whole grains like wheat give energy while cereals like wheat flakes & oats are high in fiber & aid digestion
• Green leafy vegetables – like spinach, kale, cabbage, broccoli which contain plenty of vitamins
• Fruits – All fresh fruits are good for health. From berries to oranges to apples, fresh fruits are hydrating & enriched with plenty of good health essential nutrients
• Nuts – Nuts like walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds & lentils like soya bean are one of the best sources of protein
A healthy body leads to a healthy lifestyle that is a necessity required for today’s people who lead an active & busy life. Eating good balanced diet would ensure you stay healthy not only today but tomorrow & in the future also.