Anti-aging creams are basically cosmetic skin care products which mostly consist of moisturizer that can make you look younger diminishing visible wrinkles, pigmentation changes, discolorations, blemishes, expression lines and many other problems related to skin.
The major effects of aging on skin in scientific language are laxity known as sagging; rhytids refer as wrinkles and different kinds of photo aging such as erythema, dyspigmentation, solar elastosis, poor texture and keratoses. Anti-aging is capable of diminishing of these effects in matter of few weeks. These creams have some herbal and non-herbal components which are capable to reduce most of the aging factors. Some of the basic components of anti-aging creams are:
- Vitamin C: It is the one of the most effective and common component in wrinkle creams which is also considered to be good for healing process.
- Sunscreens: It is used to protect your skin from high level ultra violet radiation coming directly from sun as ultra violet radiation is one of main reasons for dull skin and many other aging effects like wrinkles.
- Anti-oxidants: These substances are helpful in safe guarding your skin cells from the damage due to free radicals (unstable molecules present in skin).
- Coenzyme Q10: It is the chemical component which diminishes the radiation damage of part of your skin thus works as a good anti-aging help.
- Peptides: This component is used to provide required proteins to your skin by enzymatic breakdown with the help of digestive enzymes developed during the fermentation of milk.
- AHAs: It stands for alpha hydroxyl acids. It is used to disband the intracellular “glue” which holds the dead cells on the skin. It removes the dead skin and exposes new skin cells which add appearance. It may leads to irritation in some skin which cause flaking and redness.
- Epidermal growth factor: It is made of 53 amino acids which can stimulate new cell creation and production of collagen in the skin and improves structure and elasticity. This factor is capable of reducing sagging, wrinkles, fine lines and it can also be helpful in healing wounds and burns.
- Retinol: It holds the property of reducing pores and fine lines.
So, it’s up to you to look for all or at least some of these ingredients when you go out to buy a product for yourself for anti-aging.
It is the wish of every lady to look younger. I have seen many ladies following anything and everything that comes their way blindly. But this is not going to help you out as you need better control over the situation. First of all, you need to understand that aging is a natural process and no matter how hard you try and how much expensive method you use, you will still get wrinkles and fine lines.
The second most important fact is that your lifestyle and your skin care habits play an important role in deciding when your skin start facing troubles will. So if you think that by following a sedentary lifestyle and using a cream can get you good results, you are mistaken again.
How Do Anti-aging Creams Work?
These anti-aging creams and lotions are mostly based on the phenomenon of boosting collagen and elastin production in the skin. With age, the amount of collagen produces becomes less and this lead to formation of wrinkles and fine lines. And the creams help you get some benefits. All you need to do is apply a cream to your face and then you can see results within few weeks.
As I told you earlier as well, these anti-aging creams and serums are only meant to get you results from outside, to build a skin healthier from inside, there are few lifestyle changes that you must follow.
What are they?
Eat healthy fruits and vegetables as they contain lot many essential nutrients to keep your skin healthy. Include foods containing antioxidants like green tea, nuts and salmon. They help you renew damaged skin cells
If you are a smoker and a drinker then these habits will never let you enjoy a healthy skin. So stay away from these unhealthy stuffs if you want to enjoy youth on your skin for longer
Follow a good skin care routine like cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliation of skin as these habits help in keeping your skin germ and aging free
Do not sleep with make-up on and always use good quality products to ensure you do not age your skin unknowingly.
In the end, I would say that you must follow a healthy routine and then use an anti-aging serum or lotion to get amazing beautiful results. Do not go for injections and other harmful methods as they can harm your skin badly.