Human Growth Hormone or HGH is one of the most important substances that are needed by the body to maintain normal bodily functions. It is secreted by the master gland also called the pituitary gland and is then used by various organ systems of the body. Basically, the Human Growth Hormone is responsible for efficient and fast repair and recovery of body tissues. It also stimulates growth during the first few years of life until puberty years, and is now popular due to its anti-aging benefits.
For those who are interested in trying out HGH supplements, it is important to bear in mind that along with the benefits come a string of side effects as well. This is not to say that HGH and growth hormone products are dangerous substances. However, caution should always be observed when taking HGH supplements.
Side effects only occur when users:
Self-medicate. Utilizing HGH injections without prescription is strongly frowned upon by medical professionals.
- Shuts down the natural HGH production of the pituitary gland. Since the growth hormone is directly supplied to the bloodstream, the pituitary gland will not be stimulated to produce HGH anymore. This means that users will be forced to continuously spend on HGH injections for the rest of their lives. Once the supply of HGH injections stop, it will take some time for the pituitary gland to be stimulated yet again to produce healthy levels of HGH in the bloodstream.
- Increase insulin production which may result in hypoglycemia. Too much growth hormone in the bloodstream may potentially trigger hypoglycemia, a condition wherein the glucose levels in the bloodstream goes below its ideal concentration. It can lead to deadly complications such as coma and seizures.
Excessive Intake of HGH can lead to:
- Increased risk for developing Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Insulin Growth Factor facilitates growth and development during puberty years. However when taken in large doses, it can potentially lead to debilitating effects among individuals who are predisposed to Diabetes Mellitus Type II. The hormonal imbalance that takes place can result in abnormal function of the kidneys, thereby increasing the possibility of developing permanent kidney damage.
- Increases the risk for cancer. Cancer patients should exercise caution when using HGH injections as a form of repair and growth supplement. HGH injections that are made from artificial ingredients are known to cause further proliferation of cancer cells. On the other hand, HGH supplementation through pills and nasal sprays increase the production of cancer fighting cells.
Common Side Effects of HGH Supplementation
- Edema or excessive water retention
- Tingling sensation of the skin
- Increased bad cholesterol levels
- Muscle and joint pain
Severe Side Effects of HGH Supplementation
Regardless of whether an individual is self-medicating or is taking too much HGH supplements, possible adverse effects are the following:
- Kidney damage
- Cardiovascular diseases due to increased LDL concentration
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Liver damage
- Ineffective thyroid function
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
Precautionary measures when taking HGH supplements
There are essentially two main types of HGH supplementations that are commercially available:
HGH Releasers or Boosters
Supplements like GenF20 and HGH Advanced are products categorized as HGH releasers. Their main ingredients are amino acids and peptides. These natural substances are known to stimulate the production of HGH by the pituitary gland. Since these boosters do not contain any synthetic or artificial ingredients, they are known to cause minimal to no side effects.
HGH injections on the other hand are artificially developed. When taken in large doses, they can potentially cause life-threatening side effects that may eventually lead to death. If you want to try out HGH injections, you need to consult an endocrinologist first. The doctor will prescribe just the right amount of HGH can be administered daily. You will also be asked to provide information on preexisting medical conditions in order for the right dosage to be provided to you. Self-medicating HGH injection is contraindicated as this may disrupt the normal functioning of the anterior pituitary gland in the production of natural Human Growth Hormones.
HGH sprays work similarly to HGH releasers. The only difference is that they are absorbed via the tiny vessels located in the oral cavity. The rate of absorption is faster compared to HGH oral supplements. It is considered as the safest means of HGH administration and it is a rarity that users encounter side effects when taking HGH via oral sprays.
HGH supplements should be administered only when it is necessary or if your doctor advised you to do so. There are certain medical conditions that get worse when HGH supplements are added into the daily medication regimen. Be sure to consult with your doctor before taking any HGH oral supplements or injections. HGH supplements pose minimal risks to users, but it can still create unwanted side effects that may be detrimental to one’s health and well-being.
In addition, it is recommended to stick with oral HGH supplements and HGH sprays as they are just as effective and potent as HGH injections. HGH injections are generally expensive and will lead your body to become dependent on it. Do not take it unless the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks and side effects that it may cause you once you start with HGH injections.