After applying a foundation to suit your skin color and type, you can change your whole look by the way you apply your eye makeup. Here are some handy tips to help you to look after and enhance your eyes.
- Wide-set eyes can be brought closer together by accentuating the inner half of the eye, using dark eye shadow. Apply a lighter tone of eye shadow to the outer half, stopping at the corner of the eye.
- Close-set eyes can be made to look further apart by applying a highlighter eye shadow to the inner half of the eye. Start with a darker eye shadow from the center of the eye, working out and beyond the corner of the eye.
- Eyebrows affect the balance and frame of the face, and just a minor reshaping can alter your appearance. As you age you may find that dark eyebrows lighten. Use an eyebrow pencil to softly color the brow.
- Sometimes it hurts a bit when plucking your eyebrows; avoid this by cooling the skin with an ice cube. Remember to stretch the skin when plucking so that you don’t hurt yourself by accident! Ouch!
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes since this is usually the first area to develop fine lines and wrinkles. As ladies recognize the adverse effects of UV rays on their skin they often start to use large sunhats and high SPF sun cream too. This helps to slow down the effects of aging. The Oriflame moisturizers also have UV protection.
- Keep your eye gel in the refrigerator in order to make it even more refreshing to apply!
- Mascara should always be removed before you go to sleep, otherwise your lashes might be damaged. Having a good skincare routine helps to look after the delicate skin around the eyes that can be dulled by leaving makeup on overnight.
- When applying your eye make-up, start with your eye shadow, then use your eyeliner, finishing with mascara.