Under eye bags are a cosmetic problem which afflicts all sorts of people, of all races and all ages. It is a cosmetic problem which means it won’t kill you but it maybe symptomatic of an unhealthy lifestyle. When you have under eye bags it can be highly bothersome as their appearance can make anyone look older and tired (even if you are ready to run 20 laps around the house).
The reason why under eye bags make you look older is quite simple. If you compare it to a younger person, the tissues under the eyes are toned and flat. With aging these tissues start to sag and these results in the creation of a fat bulge. It is also known as “blepharochalasis”. Having these eye bags can be highly depressing and annoying.
If you want to restore a healthier and more youthful appearance then the first thing you have to do is to get rid of the dark circles and bags under your eyes. Please be aware however that under-eye bag are considered to be part of the normal aging process, although the development of this condition can be delayed by taking the right steps today.
Causes Of Under Eye Bags
It is important to know the different causes behind under eye bags before trying to find workable solution for this problem. You need to be aware of the fact that normal aging is not the only factor that can cause eye bags.
- Caused by lack of sleep, constant fatigue and or stress. In the case of fatigue and stress, eye bags can start to develop at a very young age. With the right lifestyle changes you will fortunately be able to avoid eye bags from forming til much later.
- Disrupted patterns of sleeping and just plain old sleep deprivation are the MOST common factor behind those ugly eye bags that you get.
- Inflammation of the nose and sinus blockage from allergies or colds can also result in skin problems under the eyes. Blood circulation through the capillaries in your face can be affected by nasal congestion and inflammation. As a result, extra blood can get trapped in areas around the eyes which leads to the appearance of dark eye circles or puffiness.
- Fluid retention can also cause the development of bags under the eyes. This is especially common for people in the early morning because of the buildup of fluid during sleep.
- Eye bags can also be due to hormonal changes caused by menstruation and pregnancy.
Just covered were the most common reasons why you have under eye bags. If you can fix the cause then you can fix those under eye bags.
By following some of the following tips you will be able to prevent and help to settle puffy eyes and reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- You can soak herbal tea bags in warm water and then place them on the eyes for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Try placing slices of cucumber on eyes at night before going to the bed as this can be helpful for some people.
- Try soaking cotton pads in cold ice water and place it directly over your eyes. The cold water helps to restrict blood flow to the skin around the eyes and can help minimize inflammation and puffiness.
- Try to get a lot more rest and find ways to reduce or avoid stress.
- Watch your diet. Try and restrict the amount of refined sugars to a much more moderate amount.
- Watch out for stimulants like coffee as it can muck about with your sleep schedule.
Under Eye Bags Love a Healthy Diet
Actually, that was a lie. You hear all the time but really, a healthy diet plan is also very important for preventing and minimizing the appearance of under eye bags. Oft repeated but worth remembering that if a rabbit doesn’t eat it, then you should think twice about putting it in your mouth. This means, include lots of vegetables and fruits into your daily diet. Natural greens provide the skin with all the vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants it needs to keep healthy. A generous intake of vitamin B is extremely important for the maintenance of the healthy skin. You can eat oatmeal and banana to improve your intake of vitamin B. Finally, drink a lots of water for keeping the skin perfectly hydrated and to help your kidneys to eliminate the toxins in your body more efficiently.
There you go, with some proper strategy and advice you can really start to get target the cause of those the under eye bags.