The diaper is the most common object that you will be concerning with if you is the parents of a baby. It is a part of your baby’s essential temporary clothing. The main function of a diaper is to collect the stools along with urine passed by the baby, importantly to prevent moisture from these waste getting into the skin. However, the nonstop use of diapers will inevitably lead to certain issues you have to take care of. One such issue is something called baby diaper rash.
This formation on the skin will be called diaper rash because it appears on the parts that are commonly covered by the diaper the baby will be wearing. In fact, the rash is caused by the use of diapers. It happens this way; the stool and urine collected in the diaper may get contacted to the baby’s skin (Diapers are not 100% effective in retaining moisture). The problem appears when the bacteria naturally present in that mess thrive and produce ammonia. Now, this is a toxic substance that will surely cause irritation and rash on your baby’s skin. It is important to look for means of avoiding this while using diapers.
One effective way to cope with it is to use diaper rash lotion to prevent the formation of rash. In the following we will look into some of the recommended body lotions for use with babies alongside the use of diapers. Basically these lotions work by protecting the skin from harmful factors, among other things. We will look at the benefits of each product.
Top 5 Best Baby Diaper Lotions
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Angel Baby Lotion. This particular lotion from Earth Mama Angel could arguable be the safest lotion for use on babies. It is completely made up of organic substances only, excluding any synthetic chemicals. As a result the lotion contains no artificial chemicals, no dyes and no artificial fragrances. The only fragrance it consists of is from the natural vanilla fragrance which too is of all natural substance. Overall, the toxicity level for this lotion can be taken as zero. This must be very reassuring for parents who intend to use this lotion for their babies.
At the same time being a diaper rash lotion, it can also be used for a few other problems that may be faced by your baby such as eczema and skin allergies. This lotion is for external use only and parents must carefully to stick to this precaution. Another thing about this product is that it is made for vegans; also it is gluten free and it under passed no testing on animals.
- California Baby Super-sensitive Everyday Lotion. This is another product that consists of organic substances only. This means it is generally safe and eligible for use on babies’ skin. In fact, it is actually a product made for babies so that should take away all the doubt. The lotion consists of no substances derived from animals, so they are a good choice for parents who are vegetarian and who wants their child to be the same. The lotion contains good amounts of Vitamin E, which is an essential micronutrient for skin health, and aloe vera, which has immense benefits.
It should be noted that this product is free of any fragrance, so the chances of it having chemicals that can irritate your baby’s skin is less. There is no fragrance to hide the natural smell of the lotion, as seen in many commercial lotions. So it is safer for use on your baby with no fear of rash. You can use this lotion regularly for a good healthy skin in your baby.
- Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion 4 oz. Spray. This product consists of natural substances only. So it is less likely to have the harmful chemicals that may be a cause of rash in babies. This product is not in the form of cream or ointment; it is in the convenient form of spray. The spray can be used directly on the baby’s skin; the contents can be refilled with a concentrate appropriate for this product (see below). The advantage of spray is that it can easily get to all parts without the need to apply it by hand, while also avoiding the need to rub the skin with baby wipes which can lead to irritation.
While working to prevent rashes, this lotion can also be used when the inevitable happens and rash has formed. It works to soothe the rash, reducing the inflammation and the itching. The lotion is also for moisturizing the tender skin of your baby, keeping it hydrated and healthy all the time. All in all, this is an ideal lotion that can be used alongside with changing the diaper for your baby.
- Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion 4 oz. Squirt Bottle, Concentrate. This product is in fact a concentrate that can be used as a refill for the product that was discussed above. Here is the direction to make the refill; just mix 1 teaspoon of this concentrate with half a cup of witch hazel or just plain water. This solution can be used with the spray bottle afterwards. One single bottle of this concentrate can refill the spray bottle 8 times. It is recommended that you dilate this concentrate before using it on baby first as was mentioned; it is made up of pretty harmless natural substances, but it is not advisable to use in full strength.
Besides being a refill for the product discussed in the earlier section, it can also be used on its own together with baby wipes to prevent the formation of rashes due to excessive moisture on skin. The product also works to moisturize the baby’s skin. One or two squirts of this concentrate mixed with pure distilled water will prepare the baby wipe solution.
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, Fragrance Free, 8-Ounce Tube. The product we are looking at now is recommended by both dermatologists and pediatricians. It is actually made of substances present in the oat we eat. You may know already that oat is a healthy wholesome meal packed with a great number of essential nutrients. One possibly fresh fact for you is that these substances in oat help nourish the skin too, so they are ideal to be used for baby’s skin. It is a natural substance so it can safely be used on your baby’s skin. This lotion absorbs into the skin of your baby pretty quickly.
This lotion primarily works to prevent rashes by forming a protective barrier on the skin. This protective layer will be protecting the baby’s skin from irritation from foreign matters, especially from unfriendly chemicals found in our day to day lives. This also prevents moisture from the baby’s own waste getting to the skin, thereby reducing the likelihood of rash. Apart from that, it works as a moisturizer itself to prevent the skin from drying. It will be bestowing its moisturizing effects as long as 24 hours.