Here are some tips on what works to combat the signs of your wisdom. If in any doubt, please consult your doctor or dermatologist before using any of these home remedies.
Home remedies are inexpensive, and easy to use. They are also less embarrassing for the more self-conscious people.
A Selection of Anti-aging Remedies
- Lemon juice with vitamin c can help clarify the skin and remove age spots and flaws.
- Rubbing a raw potato on your face will help with discoloration.
- Applying avocado to your face will help renew your skin making you look younger.
- This is a good skin care home remedy. Rubbing a little milk on your face after you wash it at night will help remove dead skin cells and produce new ones.
- Rheumatic pain- Mash 12 garlic cloves and mix them with pork fat. Keep in a jar and apply twice daily over the affected area.
- To improve memory, eat a raw garlic every day.
- If your skin is rough apply honey mixed with olive oil over the skin. See olive oil and skin care.
- Arthritis- Dissolve a teaspoon of apple vinegar with a teaspoon of honey in a glass with warm water. Drink after breakfast and dinner.
These are just a few examples of how you can take every day items you probably already have in your refrigerator, and use them to make yourself feel better and look younger.
Claims about Lotions and Potions
Anti-aging remedies rake in billions of dollars every year in the U.S. With all of the different creams, potions and lotions, purported to slow and reverse the aging process, it’s hard to tell which ones work and which ones are pure hype.
Claims about magnets diminishing pain, or special light beams shooting life-prolonging energy into your body might work for some but is really hard to tell if they are beneficial long term. Certain kinds of makeup are popular because of the anti-aging effect they have on a woman’s look.
While these products can help you to look younger, all they really do is mask the look. Most don’t reduce the actual signs of aging at all. The truth is, there is no real way to stop the aging process. All we can do is reduce the signs.
Keep It Simple
There are tons of websites and magazine articles giving out Anti-aging tips.
Some of the most effective methods are actually very simple things you do every day. Things such as:
- Drink water. Hydration keeps skin’s elasticity, reducing the signs of wrinkles.
- Staying out of the sun or using sunscreen will slow the damage of the harmful rays.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco as this can cause smoking wrinkles, especially around the mouth.
- Use moisturizers. Keeping your skin moist is the big secret to reducing wrinkles.
Some of the more extreme, expensive anti-aging remedies include Botox treatments, wrinkle fillers and plastic surgery. There are also some dermatologist-recommended products that can be prescribed as well.
Natural skin care remedies work because they are made with natural ingredients. Many of them have been with us from generations and that must be because they make us feel and look better. Find a combination that works for you, eat healthy, keep your skin hydrated, and you will see a difference in the appearance of your age and your skin.
Consult your doctor before trying any of these Anti-aging remedies if in any doubt.
- Hypertension- One of the best remedies for hypertension is eat a celery daily during the day. Celery cleans the blood, lowers cholesterol and diminishes hypertension.
- Sciatica- Cut an onion in half and massage the affected area in circular motions for ten minutes. Repeat in two hours if needed. Always bend your knees when picking up something, never bend from your waist.
- Wrinkles- One egg white mixed with one teaspoon whole meal flour. Apply in the affected areas, leave it to dry and rinse off with warm water.
- Aging Skin Mask- Blend half avocado, 2 or 3 strawberries, rose water and 2 spoons of olive oil. Apply over face and neck for twenty minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Scrub- Use the peel of the avocado (internal part)to exfoliate the skin. Rub face and neck to get rid of dead cells.