Acne scars are red hyper pigments on the skin that are caused due to pimples and zits. Acne scar treatment is easy if the acne is does not come back on the same area of the skin again but it becomes difficult to remove the permanent acne scars if acne lesions reoccur.
Let’s look at the types, causes, effects and ways to remove acne scars.
Types of acne scars
Acne is a common problem all over the globe and it leaves behind ugly scars. Depending upon the severity of acne, the scars may take few days to several months to heal. Generally these scars are categorized in to 2 types:
(i) Scars due to added tissues: This occurs due to increased tissue formation on the skin.
(ii) Scars due to loss of tissues: This type of scars is more common and is further categorized in too deep acne scar, Ice pick acne scar and depressed fibrotic acne scar.
Causes of acne scars
- Unprotected exposure to sun.
- Popping the pimples & zits. Squeezing or popping the pimples creates small craters in the skin, making it difficult to remove acne scars
- Hormonal & genetic reasons
- Some more causes of acne scars are diet, unhygienic conditions and stress.
Effects of acne scars
- The affected part of the skin looks ugly.
- It can further lead to nodules which are pus filled lumps which cause pain.
- Acne scars can decrease your self-confidence and lead to other psychological effects.
- Acne has also been known to cause depression, mood disturbance and shyness.
Desperation to remove acne scars can lead to usage of acne products that adversely affect the skin.
How to remove acne scars
There are many effective ways for acne scar treatment. Natural treatments. Using natural remedies is the best way to cure mild form of acne. This method employs the home ingredients in treatment of acne.
Herbal remedies. Based on herbs that have been used since ages to improve the skin and get rid of zits and pimples.
Laser method to cure acne. An expensive but very effective way to remove acne scars.
Treatment by Benzoyl Peroxide to remove acne and preventing the formation of acne scars.