What is the best dry skin care approach if you are suffering from aging dry skin? As we know the skin is the largest organ of the body. To protect the epidermis from the loss of water the skin’s sebaceous glands produce sebum. If not enough sebum is produced, we lose water and the skin becomes dry. There are, of course other factors that influence dry skin. These factors can be external or internal. Finding out about them is essential if you want to control the dryness in your skin.
Other Causes of Dry Skin
- Aging- As we age the skin produces less of the natural oils that help them retain moisture, becoming dryer and with deeper wrinkles.
- Winter- Wind, heat and air conditioning are all enemies of the skin and can make it really dry.
- Summer- Solar exposition is bad for dry skin and will accentuate fine lines and wrinkles.
- Genetics play a part on what causes dry skin. Thyroid problems could give you dry skin on face and body.
Cure For Dry Skin
- Use this dry skin care routine every day to improve your skin condition.
- Use a facial cleanser that don’t dry the skin and with neutral PH.
- Glycerin soaps and natural cleansers in the form of creams are very good for dry skin because of the oils that contain.
- Don’t over cleanse because you will strip away your skin’s natural oils.
- Use a good natural moisturizer with no perfume, specific for dry skin during the day, and a moisturizer/nourishing cream during the night. Humectants products are good because they retain moisture.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week, but don’t massage very strong or for too long.
- Use sunscreen of at least 15 or 20 SPF every day, before going out, even in cloudy days.
- Don’t forget to apply the same care to the neck and hands.
- Drinking plenty of water is essential for every skin type, but a must for dry skin to keep it moisturized.
- Shower with warm water, no too hot.
- Don’t rub the skin after shower just pat dry.
- Place a humidifier in the bedroom if the heat is on.
- Smoking, caffeine and alcohol will all dry the skin.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Good vitamins for dry skin are vitamin A, B, D and E. Find out here the best vitamins for healthy skin.
To relieve itching dry skin or eczema apply cold milk compresses and use a bath product containing fine oatmeal.
Blend some pineapple, rich in vitamin c and potassium with some strawberries rich in vitamin c antioxidant and a few drops of almond oil rich in vitamin e, calcium and magnesium. Apply it on the skin for about twenty minutes and rinse with warm water. This face mask for dry skin will leave your complexion moisturized and rejuvenated.
You can apply just olive oil in the skin and leave it on for thirty minutes, rinse with mineral water or simply rub cotton to get rid of any excess.
Vaseline is a very good cure for dry skin too. Apply it on the skin, and leave it overnight or for thirty minutes and rinse with mineral water.
Another treatment for dry skin care is to mash a ripe banana adding honey until consistent. Apply it over the face and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
If your skin feels dry mash a ripe avocado (rich in vitamins A and E and natural oils) and mix it with fresh cream until consistent. Apply on the face, and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Very effective for aging dry skin.
For dry facial skin mix honey with yogurt and leave it on for twenty minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Mix oats with honey and a few lemon drops. Apply and leave it on for ten minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Dry skin nutrition- Eat a balanced diet rich in antioxidant food especially avocados, nuts, seeds, grains, vegetables and vitamin B.